NSF I/UCRC Center for Big Learning (CBL)
National Science Foundation Industry & University Cooperative Research Center (I/UCRC)
Creating intelligence towards intelligence-driven society.
The mission of the NSF I/UCRC Center for Big Learning (CBL) is to explore and pioneer research frontiers in emerging large-scale deep learning for a broad spectrum of big data applications, design novel cloud services and big systems to enable big learning research and applications, transfer research discoveries to meet urgent needs in industry with our diverse center members, and nurture our next generation talents in a mixed academic and industry setting with real-world relevance and significance via the industry-university consortium.
Big Learning Consortium
The consortium currently consists of four academic sites across the country and a large number (50+) of industry partners: Carnegie Mellon University (CMU, East), University of Florida (UF, South), University of Missouri at Kansas City (UMKC, Central), and University of Oregon (UO, West). Faculty members (60+) at these four sites have comprehensive expertise, covering key research themes and application disciplines. We welcome more industry partners to join us. The consortium is sponsored by NSF and industry members over the world.
- Deep Architecture, Deep Neural Network, Deep Belief Network, Convolutional Neural Network, Recurrent Neural Network, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Brain-Inspired Models and Algorithms
- Generative Models, Adversarial Networks, Attention Models, Memory Networks, Neural Computers
- Media (Image, Video, Speech, Text), Data (Business, Health, IoT, Life, Eng., Science)
Conventional Machine Learning
- Supervised, Unsupervised, Reinforcement Learning, Graphical Models, Kernels
- Learning Representation, Transfer Learning, Active Learning, Ensemble
Deep Learning Systems and Platforms
- DL Systems: Parallel and Distributed Engine, SDK, API
- DL Platforms: Intelligent Platforms for Training, Inference, Services, and Applications
- Business: E-commerce, CRM, Finance, Recommender, Risk, Search, Surveillance, Cybersecurity, Defense, Privacy,
- Health: Precision Medicine, Bioinformatics, Diagnosis, Genomics, Imaging, Agriculture, Computational Biology
- IoT: CPS, Mobile, Robotics, Autonomous Vehicle, Smart City, Smart Sensing, Crowdsourcing
- Date: March 9-10, 2017
- Location: Hilton University of Florida Conference Center, Gainesville, FL
- Meeting Program
NSF I/UCRC Program
National Science Foundation Industry & University Cooperative Research Center (I/UCRC) Program: An I/UCRC is a collaborative effort among universities, large and small companies, state and government agencies, and other organizations for the purpose of conducting pre-competitive research of shared value. This model has been successfully utilized and refined for over 30 years. [I/UCRC Program] [NSF I/UCRC Brochure]
Mission of NSF I/UCRC
- Grow the U.S. innovation capacity by developing long-term partnerships among industry, academe, and government.
- Leverage NSF funds with industry to support and train the next generation workforce within a global context.